Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday

So I just went and voted in the New York Democratic primary. For Hillary Clinton.

I can hear the attacks from Obama supporters already, and even if I never hear any, I can imagine them. Obama is almost universally acclaimed. The most unlikely people are making their enthusiasm known. I do not trust them. The few political commentators I do trust, such as Digby and Bartcop, tend to support Hillary, and I agree with their reasoning. Despite all the talk in the media atmosphere about "unity" and "bipartisanship" I expect this to be the dirtiest presidential race in history, regardless of who the Democrats nominate -- remember Gore? remember Kerry? -- and the Clintons are combative enough to stand a chance.

It should go without saying, after the recent performances by a Republican president, a Republican congress, and a largely Republican-selected supreme court, that it's important for the Democrat to win.

As I post this the polls are still open, so I have no idea what happened in today's national sprawl of primary elections. But I've had my say, and it's behind me now, or rather the nomination contest has left me behind, and all that's left for me is to watch -- and, if I have something to say, speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home